Process Priority Optimizer is a process priority class optimizer for NT/XP systems through psapi.dll.
- Simple and easy to use
- Automatically shutdown unwanted applications/processes (viruses, ad-ware, silly programs, etc.)
- Automatically adjust applications execution priorities based on user preference (LightWave rendering won't slow down your computer)
- Transparently boost performance (thus system responsiveness)
- Anti-LockUp: automatically withdraw CPU time from aggressive processes (this is experimental and cuddles with Windows)
- Uses only ~10MBs of memory
- English & Hungarian user interface
- Windows NT/Windows XP (psapi.dll)
Limitations in the unregistered version:
- Saving the settings is disabled
The default setings should be ok for a regular user.
There is a safety switch that will turn off optimizing if the cycle's length is greater then the preset. Setting the optimizing cycle lower will react to boosting mechanism only.
Setting the managing profiles refresh to smaller value speeds up the auto-set class priorities task. Optimizing cycle timing also affects the Anti-LockUp (automatic priority class lowering function) reaction speed.